These are the terms and conditions of trading with Apex Cargo / Xepa International. Where it states YOU, that is you, the customer who uses our service. Where stated US, this refers to Apex Cargo and its employees.
- Apex Cargo reserves the right to change pricing at any given time. We will always commit to a duty of transparency and advise you of changes in prices.
- Our prices are fixed and are non-negotiable as they are set by our suppliers. Please do not offend us and put our staff in an awkward position by asking for a lower price or discount.
- Your goods are not insured with Apex Cargo. The insurance of the items lies with you. If you would like insurance, please specify at the time of booking.
- On our uncleared services, prices do not include duties, clearance, custom and storage amounts that the destination country may charge; these are only included in our duty paid services. This is out of our hands as these charges are customary depending on the country. We would strongly advise against paying this in the UK as agents (such as DHL for example) will bill you an admin fee to cover the cost of transferring that payment over to the required party.
- There is a minimum weight for all of our services which you will get charged for even if your cargo is below that weight, e.g. for air freight, the minimum to send is 5kg, so if you have 3kg, you will still get charged for 5kg.
- We normally give you a price based on actual weight, however once we pack and wrap your goods, that can change depending on whether there is volume. We will then confirm the revised price inclusive of wrapping and packing and storage / collection charges if applicable. If you change your mind about sending, we will still invoice you for the applicable storage / collection / wrapping and packing service we have used for your shipment. This is non-negotiable.
- Once we send you the price, if you do not confirm you’d like to send your parcel, we will not go ahead with it. This may result in the cut-off date being missed and your goods being delayed but we need to ensure our customers are in agreement with the price quoted.
- Your final invoice will consist of the total weight of your cargo and the following where applicable: handling fees, packing, unpacking, wrapping, supply of boxes, collection, storage and procurement fees.
- An invoice will be sent to you within 2 days of your shipment leaving our facilities. This will be sent via email and we will notify you on WhatsApp or a text message also.
- Upon receiving your invoice, you should clear it within 24 hours. In exceptional circumstances, we may negotiate with you and allow you until your cargo arrives to clear your invoice.
- When paying your invoice, you must include the reference number stated on your invoice.
- Currently, we operate on a cash or bank transfer basis. Payment details can be found on your invoice.
- All invoices must be cleared before using our services again. If they are not, we may refuse to accept your cargo, hold onto or not release your shipment until the invoice is cleared.
- If you have not cleared your invoice within 24 hours, we will charge late payment fees.
- We do not operate on a credit facility.
- When using our Malawi services, anything under £150 can be paid in either UK or Malawi. Anything over £150 must be paid for in the UK.
3. DAMAGE AND LOSS:
- We are not responsible for damage caused during transit, whether sea freight, air freight or courier. Our packers are fully equipped to gage what will protect your shipment at the time of packing and we will pack goods to the highest standard. However, turbulence during transit is out of our control and damage and losses can happen which is out of our hands.
- A claim can be placed with the airline or carrier, but the loss is not compensated by us.
4. SCHEDULE AND CUT-OFF TIMES:
- The expected arrival dates are only an estimate, and not guaranteed. Please be aware delays can happen during busy periods and certain circumstances, e.g. like the current ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
- We have strict cut-off times to ensure all cargo leaves on time. Under no circumstances we will accept cargo past our cut-off.
5. WHAT YOU CAN AND CANNOT SEND:
- The list of items you are able to send is virtually endless, but here are a few examples of common items: bags/suitcases, clothing, shoes, fabric, jewellery, smart watches, headphones, make-up, hair dyes, hair dryers, hair straighteners/curlers, body wash, body lotion/creams, mobile phone accessories, perishable food (e.g. chocolates, sweets, crisps)*, tablets/supplements/vitamins, medicines, sports equipment (e.g. footballs), music equipment (e.g. microphones), car parts, homeware, furniture, books, dolls/action figures, soft toys (e.g. teddy bears), baby accessories (e.g. cots and pushchairs).
- The following items can be sent via courier only: documents (e.g. passports), mobile phones (brand new, maximum of two), laptops (brand new), cameras, plants and flowers.
- Items such as perfumes, body sprays, aerosols, aftershave, shaving foam, pressurised containers, flammable goods, air fresheners, cleaning products, nail polish, paint, lacquer, glue, WD40, vehicle batteries (e.g. for quad bikes, cars and jet skis) can be sent on our monthly hazardous shipment to Malawi but are not allowed on our standard air freight due to airline restrictions.
- We do not accept the following on any of our shipments: corrosive materials, toxic materials, nuclear items, explosives, radioactive items, currency, ammunition, firearms, party poppers, dry ice, gasses, drugs, poisonous substances and pornographic materials.
- You, the customer, are responsible for declaring all the items packed for carriage by air freight and to ensure the cargo does not contain any dangerous or hazardous goods.
- If dangerous or hazardous goods are found in your package, then you will pay a minimum penalty of £150 + VAT for removing the items plus a minimum fee of £55 + VAT for returning the items back to us. Moreover, the CAA may impose a fine and prosecute you.
*When it comes to perishable food, we do not have control over temperature and environment during transit so some food may melt or get damaged. When choosing to send perishables, you do so at your own risk. We cannot take responsibility for damage once the perishables leave our facilities.
6. LITHIUM BATTERIES:
- Mobile phones that are new or used are not allowed on our air freight or duty paid / door to door services. Used and new mobile phones can however go on our DHL courier service. Please note a maximum of two phones are allowed in one shipment.
- Used items containing lithium batteries are also not allowed, e.g. we cannot send used laptops, cameras, drones or toys with lithium batteries.
- Items with lithium batteries inside must be brand new, e.g. we can only send brand new laptops, cameras, drones, toys, etc.
- If you are unsure whether your item contains lithium batteries, our team will be happy to assist you.
- To send items brand new items with lithium batteries, a £25 per shipment surcharge must be paid (per item). This can then go on our weekly air freight or duty paid / door to door service.
7. VOLUME WEIGHT:
- The price of your cargo is based on volume or actual weight, whichever is greater.
- If you do not want to pay for volume, we strongly recommend that you make yourself familiar with how to add weight to a parcel.
- Our dedicated staff will always advise you if your parcel has a lot of volume and will use their skill and knowledge to do what they can to reduce this.
- Packages will always be rounded up to the nearest 0.5kg, so if your parcel weighs 20.45kg, you will get charged for 20.5kg.
- As your items come in, we will photograph each one for accuracy. Please give us 48 hours after your parcel has arrived to do this. Our staff will accept parcels as they come into our facilities, so please do not continuously message us asking if we have received your parcel as we will notify you.
- If you wish to return an item, there may be an additional fee, depending on the return process.
- When using this service, you are responsible the orders you place. If you are required to contact the carrier in regarding your parcel, you are responsible for this and not us.
- We trust our customers to use the Mailbox service responsibly. Whilst we do not open your purchases, if we deem a parcel to be dangerous, defamatory, illegal or prohibited, we reserve the right to destroy the parcel and notify the relevant authorities. We are a responsible shipping company that takes the security and welfare of our cargo and the people it involves, very seriously.
- If you find a parcel or purchase that you did not order or pay for in your shipment, please notify us immediately.
- We are not liable for any damage in transit from the carrier to our facilities.
- When we order items for you, there is a 10% Procurement Charge, e.g. if the order is £200, we will charge £220.
- If you require us to purchase an item in person for you, there will be an additional fee which will depend on the nature and size of the item.
- When purchasing items from online retailers, there are going to be occasions where something is not available. We cannot be held responsible for any stock changes.
- With food items, retailers may provide substitutes which we are not aware of until the order arrives. We will make you aware of this and await your decision as to if you want the substituted item or not.
- Once we place the order and should you wish to cancel it, we will charge you a non-negotiable £25 fee along with a 10% fee for each order cancelled, e.g. if a you order from two separate shops and cancel both orders, you will be required to pay £25 per order cancelled, which amounts to £50.
- Once the order has been placed and you wish to amend it, you may be charged another delivery charge if the retailers charge us. These will be added onto the final invoice.
- We are not liable for any damage in transit from the carrier to our facilities.
10. OUR STAFF:
- Our staff will get back to you as soon as they are able to do so. If you send us a WhatsApp message, a polite reminder after some time has passed to ensure our staff responds to your query is acceptable, but please do not spam us, e.g. please do not send us multiple and continuous question marks. When our staff is not responding to you on WhatsApp, they are either dealing with enquiries face to face, via phone, email and social media, they are packing goods ensuring cargo goes out on time, or they could be busy creating invoices. Please be patient.
- Our staff will not tolerate abuse, whether it is verbal, physical, in person or via aggressive communication in terms of email and text. Our staff should be treated with respect.
- We reserve the right to refuse service should we feel you are communicating to us in a disrespectful and abusive manner.
Last Updated: 12/03/2021